Being a contractor in New Brunswick often times means being a true “jack of all trades”. Not necessarily in the sense that they need to have knowledge of every construction trade out there – although they often do – but rather they are usually required to simultaneously wear both their blue and white collar shirts. It’s a case of working on the project by day, and work on the businesses’ books by night. You have to worry about things like quoting projects, invoicing and collections, and sales and marketing to drum up future work. With all this on your plate, you shouldn’t have to stress about whether or not you have the right Contractor Insurance in New Brunswick.
Customized contractors insurance for New Brunswicker’s
There are a number of great insurance products available to Maritime contractors, and Vienneau Insurance has access to more than most. However, the differences between one insurer’s contractors insurance package can vary substantially, and what was right for your buddy down the road might not be the best fit for you. For example, insurance needs can vary a fair bit depending on the specific trade.
- General contractor insurance programs should consider Wrap-up Liability cover to pick up sub-contractors liability issues that you may be held responsible for.
- Electricians insurance needs could include a beefed up Group Benefits program, with short and long term disability.
- Plumbers insurance may include a need for an allowance for seasonally fluctuation stock limits, as they stock up for more and larger projects during the big construction season.
- HVAC contractors insurance may require higher installation floater limits due to the often high value of the equipment being transported and installed.
- Sprinkler system installers insurance may include higher liability limits due to the level of damage a faulty installation can do to a client’s property.
It’s never a bad idea to review your policy with a professional commercial insurance broker who knows the ins-and-out of insurance in New Brunswick. Give us a call today for a quick check of your contractors insurance program.